Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Long Live the Queen!


How can you love someone you've barely met? I haven't found an answer to that question yet, but I do know I love her Majesty, Queen Talin. How do I know that?

My heart aches every time I think of her leaving.

I knew pretty early on our queen was having health issues. Still, it came as a shock when she announced she'd be leaving SL at the end of the year for health reasons.

I went from giggling and dancing in the ballroom to being slouched in a chair an crying. It wasn't the noisy, bawling kind of crying. There were just tears sliding down my face while my limbs tingled with numbness.

At first, all I could think of was finding a way to convince her to stay. Then I remembered something I've heard a number of times since I joined AYA: real life comes first.

As I was thinking about that, I heard people saying, "Long live AYA!" and, "Long live The Queen!"

It was then I realized how selfish it was to want Queen Talin to remain our queen. She has already given us so much. When she needs to look after her health, that need should be respected.

I also realized, although it would be different with someone else in charge, AYA is strong enough to survive the change. We're more than a bunch of people. We're a family who cares and respects each other.

So, with those thoughts in mind, please join me in saying:

LONG LIVE AYA!

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

2 comments:

  1. you are a lovely boi

    I agree with you Ana I was finding it hard not to cry too.

    I know my and our tri-fold promise to her....
    1. keep AYA going
    2. do not be sad
    3. do not forget me

    It is hard not to be sad, she is a lovely caring person. She has given us so much.

    I am selfish too, I would love it if she could stay with us as well. I know she has to look after her health. The stress and the drama and the IM's and the notecards and all are too much for her.

    I pray to God to bless her each day.
    I hope we can keep Aya going a long time yet.

    GOD BLESS THE QUEEN !
    LONG LIVE AYA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thank you for commenting on my blog. Even when talking about something sad, seeing your comment still made me smile. :)

      Delete