Friday, August 30, 2013

Loss and Hope

I had learned about my aunt passing on Tuesday night, but it wasn't until Wednesday morning that the shock wore off. That's when I started crying. I couldn't seem to stop, so I called in sick to work and stayed home.

I wasn't quite as bad on Thursday, but was still feeling awful, so I called in sick again. Later that morning, I had sorta pulled myself togther a little, and decided I could use a bit of company.

I signed onto Second Life and looked through the group announcements that had been collecting over the past few days. I saw something about an event at AYA, and decided it was just what I needed.

One of the nice things about SL is how you can instantly look great with a few mouseclicks, even if you feel and look dreadful in real life. I rooted through my inventory until I found something that would fit the event theme, put my hair up in ribbons, then teleported over.

The warm greetings, both in public chat and private messages had me crying again, but this time it was happy tears. Even though I knew nothing would completely take away the sense of loss, I felt, for the first time in the past few days, a sense of hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment