Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Surprise


Once I'd turned in my trainee maid application, I logged out of Second Life and headed off to bed. Even though I didn't sleep for very long that night, I felt well rested and more bubbly than usual when I woke up Sunday (07/21/13) morning. I sung in the shower, hummed as I got dressed, and took a couple of skipping steps as I headed out the door. The warm sun seemed to be smiling at me and a gentle wind was caressing my hair as I walked to the supermarket.

After bringing home the groceries and taking care of some other chores, I signed onto Second Life again, and eventually found my way back to the dance club at AYA. To my surprise, a few people seemed to remember me from the night before and welcomed me back. Even though I barely knew anybody there, I felt like I was coming back home.

Time seemed to fly by as I danced (well, my avatar danced, but I was bobbing along in RL as well) and chatted with the others at the club as we listened to some excellent tunes. About halfway through the night, her Grace, Head Governess Kara, called me up to the platform at the far end of the room.

Thinking I might have been drafted into a contest I had missed being announced, I climbed up the steps and stood next to the Head Governess, then did my best not to fidget with nervousness. At first, I wasn't sure I understood correctly when she made an announcement. I scrolled back the text in public chat and looked again. It showed the same thing I thought I saw before.

I'd been accepted as a trainee maid! As people offered their congratulations, her Grace pulled me into a hug. Feeling completely overwhelmed, I started sniffling a bit as I hugged her back. After she let me go, I turned to the people in the club and realized they weren't quite the strangers they had seemed to be at first.

I felt like I was looking at friends ... maybe even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment